Having embarked upon the Zero to Hero journey, and only being mildly behind (today is 13th January and I’m ‘loving my theme’ ie Day Five, incidental apologies for the dizzy rate at which I’m currently swapping and switching my theme – a girls gotta play and trust me, I change my shoes this many times before leaving the house too!) I am DELIGHTED and more than a little stunned to be nominated for ‘The Liebster Award’. Thank you very much to Irene at http://whatmyhusbandfeedsme.wordpress.com for reading my blog and thinking that it has enough potential to deserve a nomination. I accept with grace and will endeavour to fulfil the writing challenge, allbeit hampered by my lack of blogging ability and technical useless-ness! Here goes….
The Liebster is awarded to new bloggers as an encouragement and to get them started in the world of blogging. A requirement is that they have fewer than 200 followers and whilst my blogging wizardry is lacking, I’m fairly sure that 4 is definitely less than 200! In turn, I then nominate blogs that I have enjoyed reading, and so the pattern continues. Here are there are rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog. (Goes without saying, manners first and I’m truly grateful to Irene for the vote of confidence, thank you!)
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
One more thing – if you link back to this post, your response will appear as a “pingback” in the discussion section at the end of this post, which allows me to share your words with your fellow nominees. (I’m not sure how to do that but fingers crossed it works here!)
Here are the 10 Questions that Irene asked me:
1. What was the first car you owned?
My first car was a 1970’s VW beetle. It was gold so we called her ‘GoldBug’. It was right about the time that the one-hit-wonder-band ‘GoldBug’ brought out the song ‘Whole Lotta Love’, which I loved at the time. Happy days!
2. What was the first record you bought? CD for those to young for records.
Nope, not too young for records. It was Five Star ‘Silk and Steel’ and I bought it in Our Price records for £2.99 out of the proceeds from selling my outgrown roller skates.
3. Who was your childhood hero?
My dad. And he still is.
4. What was your first pet?
Two rabbits, called ‘the grey one’ and ‘the brown one’. Viscious creatures that my sister campaigned for us to have. I’m not an animal person.
5. What was your favourite subject at school and
…because we were encouraged to write! My favourite English teacher was called Miss Moore and she was inspirational. I always remember her dislike of the word ‘nice’ – she’d say that if we couldn’t be bothered to think of a proper adjective, then she wouldn’t be bothered to read what we had written. And it’s true – what is ‘nice’? It is beautiful, comfortable, friendly, delicious…?
7. Describe yourself in five words
Fun-loving. Stubborn. Independent. Ambitious. Ditsy.
8. If you were a character in a movie who would you be?
Oooh yay, I love watching movies, hmmm…… Could I be Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz – I’d ask the Wizard for a brain, as baby brain lasts far too long!
9. If your life was a movie, who would play you?
Sandra Bullock. Not that we look anything alike, at all (I wish we did!), but I love her well meaning attitude and slightly crazy persona.
10. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
My husband and I are planning on taking a European City Break for few days in Spring to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary – without the children (thanks mum and dad for the babysitting service!) I can’t wait! x
And here are the 10 Questions that I’d like the people I nominate to answer:
1) If you were a superhero, what would your talent be?
2) Would you rather have to say everything on your mind, or never be able to speak again?
3) …and Why?
4) What was your favourite memory of 2013?
5) What is your greatest hope for 2014?
6) When you were little, what did you want to be when you were a grown up?
7) If you had to paint every room and all the furniture in your home one single colour, what colour would it be?
8) If today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
9) Are you a morning lark or a night owl?
10) What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
And the 10 blogs that I would like to nominate for The Liebster Award are…
….plus 3 more to be added soon, as I say, I’m new to this blogging malarkey!! 🙂